This error generally occurs when trying to convert a Mac file to Windows.
First make sure you are running the most updated version on NVivo.
On a Mac, you can check for updates by going to NVivo>Check for Updates
On Windows, you can check for updates by going to File>Product Info>Check for Software Updates.
If both the Mac and Windows devices are updated, please copy the Mac project to the Desktop or Downloads folder on the PC and try to convert the project from that location.
If the conversion still fails, it indicates data corruption in the Mac file. You can fix data indexes using these steps:
1. Open the file on the Mac.
2. Create a code and save the file
3. Delete the code and save the file again.
If this method doesn't help, you can also do the following on the Mac device:
1. With the project closed, Go to File->Compact Project
2. Open a blank, new project on the Mac and import the original Mac file into it.
When sharing the Mac file again, compress the file into a .zip format to avoid corruption that may occur when uploading to an email, a network or a cloud drive.