Endnote X9 is updated.
As you may be aware, Apple will be releasing macOS Catalina this fall. Apple has made the decision to drop all 32-bit application support with this release, which will impact EndNote.
You can read more at Apple’s knowledge base article here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436
EndNote X9 for macOS Customers
EndNote X9 is updated to work with macOS Catalina. Make sure you update your EndNote X9, please this article for instructions Update EndNote to version EndNote X9.3.1
EndNote X8 and earlier for macOS Users
Since Apple has made the decision to drop all 32-bit application support, we expect that macOS 10.15 Catalina will not run EndNote X8 and earlier. However, we want to continue to support you. We recommend one of two options:
- Upgrade to EndNote X9, which will be extensively updated for Catalina compatibility. In addition, you’ll have access to X9’s great new features, such as read-only library sharing, newly refreshed styles, and more.
You can find more information about EndNote X9 at this link EndNote X9
To buy your EndNote upgrade please contact our EndNote team at
- Phone: +44 (0) 203 695 7810
- E-mail: email@example.com
- or buy directly from our webstore
- If you’d prefer not to upgrade to EndNote X9, you may keep working on your current macOS. We do not recommend upgrading to Catalina with EndNote X8 and earlier as we expect major compatibility issues.
I don’t have EndNote X9, can I keep using my existing version?
Yes, you may continue using your older version of EndNote with your existing macOS. However, if you upgrade to macOS Catalina, your older version of EndNote is not going to work.
I have EndNote X9, how can I know if it’s OK to upgrade to macOS Catalina?
Please see this article for instructions Update EndNote to version EndNote X9.3.1
macOS Catalina will warn you
In addition, macOS Catalina will warn you during installation about applications that are not compatible with their new restrictions. If EndNote is listed here, it will not work. We recommend cancelling the installation at that point and rolling back to your previous operating system.