EndNote 20 is here, for Mac and Windows!
Buy the new EndNote 20. Click here for our webshop, or email us at info (at) alfasoft.com
There's never been a better time to update to EndNote 20! The latest version has been integrated with the Retraction Watch database. This integration means users will be alerted if any of the publications in their library are retracted!
Looking to buy or upgrade EndNote, please check our webshop here.
In EndNote version 20.2, retracted papers are flagged and shown in a retraction group. If you click on a reference in the retraction group, you'll see a warning at the top of the reference with details on the retraction and links to additional information.
As of EndNote 20.2, the system checks your references against more than 30 000 listed retractions in the Retraction Watch database, all while you keep on working.
What you must do...
For EndNote to automatically check your references for any retractions, you need to:
- Create an EndNoteOnline account (if you don´t have one)
- Add your EndNoteOnline login details in your EndNote
And that's it!
EndNote now automagically checks your references for retractions, in any library you open.
EndNote checks retractions when a library is opened or a reference is added or edited.
Tips and details for the retraction watch function
- How to create an EndNoteOnline account is explained in this article about creating an online account.
- How to stop EndNote from automatically syncing when you add your login details are shown in this article about stopping automatic sync.
- How to get the DOI and Pubmed-ID?
The retraction alert function uses the DOI and Pubmed-ID to look for retractions. If you don't have these numbers for most of your references, you can likely get them by using EndNotes built-in reference update function. Just highlight the references you like to update and then go to References>Find Reference Updates
Read more about the DOI and Pubmed in this article about different ID numbers.
If you find a lot of updates, you can always tell EndNote to update just the empty fields in the references automatically.
- If you want to understand the reason for a retraction better, we suggest this article outlining the reasons for the retraction.