Take advantage, 15% discount!
We have an autumn campaign on EndNote throughout October, read more here!
If you need to transfer your libraries from one computer to another, you have basically two choices. But before you start, please make a backup: Make a backup of your library
- Sync the library via your EndNoteOnline account.
- Move/Copy your library to the new location.
1. Sync your library
Here is an article explaining how you can use your EndNoteOnline Account to move your library to e.g. a new computer: How to sync with existing EndNoteOnline account on a new computer
2. Move/Copy your library
We recommend doing a compressed file of your library and copy this file to the new location.
There are, however, some things to notice:
- Make sure you copy both parts of the library, the *.enl file and the *.DATA folder. See this article for details and how to make a compressed library: Make a backup of your library
- Only copy a non-active library, which means make sure EndNote is closed.
- Place your library in a safe place on the new computer, not synced by anything else. See this article for details: Storage location for Endnote libraries
- Important! Do not use iCloud, DropBox, OneDrive, SuiteSync, GoogleDrive, Box, etc.