Please note that the below information is copied from the producer's site. This means that the information is provided as-is. We have included links to the original sources as far as possible.
Where is the data stored for the cloud components of NVivo?
- Individual customers - For individual NVivo customers, data will be stored in one of four regional data centres employed by QSR. These regions are America, Europe, Canada and Singapore. The data centre geographically closest to the customer will be chosen as the default location.
- Enterprise customers - Enterprise customers will be able to specify what data centre they wish to use. Should Enterprise customers decide not to specify a region, the region geographically closest to them will be selected by default.
We may store data on remote servers operated by a cloud service provider to QSR rather than storing it on our own servers. Regardless of where you use our online services or provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located outside the country in which the data was collected (or, in the case of personal data collected within the EEA, to countries outside the EEA). By providing any data through the online services, you hereby expressly consent to such transferring and processing of your data in such third countries.
Transfers of personal data to servers operated by cloud service providers outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or a supervisory authority, which we will incorporate into our agreements with such cloud service providers.
All data is stored with secure methods and with limited/restricted access to persons authorised by QSR. Customer data stored in the cloud components of QSR products are stored in one of the four regional data centres used by QSR. These data centres are located in Canada, Singapore, the Netherlands, and the USA. The data centre geographically closest to the customer will be chosen as the default location. Enterprise customers will be able to specify what data centre they wish to use. Should Enterprise customers decide not to specify a region, the region geographically closest to them will be selected by default.
Transcription - data security & privacy
All media files and transcripts uploaded to or produced by NVivo Transcription are encrypted while in storage and in transit. Data is securely stored at the following locations:
- Europe: for Africa, Europe, and the Middle East
- United States: for the US, and Central and South America
- Canada: for Canada
- Singapore: for Asia, Australasia, and the Pacific Islands
QSR International accesses files only for the purposes of providing or supporting the transcription service. Otherwise, only users can access their own files.
While users have valid Transcription accounts:
- media files are automatically deleted 90 days after they were transcribed or, if the transcripts are edited, 90 days after the last edit (i.e. each time you edit a transcript the count for deletion of its media file resets to 90 days).
- transcripts are kept indefinitely or until the user deletes them.
All users' data is deleted 90 days after they cease to have valid Transcription accounts. A user's account becomes invalid when:
- their subscription expires
- they are unassigned from their subscription by the subscription purchaser or an enterprise administrator
- they are a pay-as-you-go user and have no transcription credits