Please note that CWYW compatibility is for LibreOffice 4.x, 5.x, 6.x (32-bit) for Windows. The below instructions are for Libre Office 184.108.40.206 (x86/32-bit).
After the installation of LibreOffice and/or reinstallation of EndNote it is possible that the EndNote extension doesn´t appear into LibreOffice Writer. Below we show you how you can install this manually for EndNote 20.
LibreOffice for Windows and EndNote
In LibreOffice Writer go to the Tools menu and choose Extension Manager
In the file dialogue, navigate to the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\EndNote 20\Product Support\CWYW
Select the EndNote.oxt-file and click Open.
The Endnote CWYW extension will now appear in the list. Click Close.
Exit LibreOffice Writer and restart it.
You should now have a floating toolbar for EndNote and an EndNote tab.
LibreOffice on Mac and EndNote
For LibreOffice on Mac, you will not get a toolbar. On Mac, you write your text as normal in LibreOffice. You enter citations by a copy&paste process from Endnote to LibreOffice. Once your document is ready for formatting you first save it and then format it using EndNote.
Below we have outlined the workflow for you.
- Start by writing your text. You insert any citation by going to EndNote and copying them and then pasting them into your text. The citations will be pasted in a temporary form. Once finished you save your document as a *.odt file (standard for LibreOffice).
- Switch back to Endnote and go to the Format Paper function.
- Browse to, and choose your document. A dialogue pops up asking you how the document should be formatted. Here you will see a list of all citations and you can choose what Output Style to use.
- Give the newly formatted document a new name. LibreOffice will suggest a name for you.
- Your document is now formatted by EndNote.