Get the new tags to organise and enjoy the new data restoration function. Everything to get control and feel safe about it. Having questions? Email us at info (at) alfasoft.com or Buy now!
CWYW Greyed out
Most often, this problem is caused by opening a document as Protected.
There are various ways to open documents, and several of them will trigger “Protected” viewing mode automatically. Since this mode does not support any kind of Macro actions, the EndNote tools will be grey. (EndNote CWYW functions in Word are macros.)
The user may need to either Unprotect the document or ensure they are opening the document in a fashion that doesn’t trigger protected mode.
Word: File > Info (To check protect mode for current open document in Word)
Saving the document to the local machine and then opening it will probably help.
Inactive/Disabled macros in Word
The problem could also mean that some of the macro security settings have changed in your Word, or you might have responded to a security question about macros that caused them to be partially disabled.
To re-enable the macros so that the EndNote commands are active, please try this:
1. Open Word.
2. Click the ‘File’ menu or the ‘Office’ button in the upper left corner.
3. Select 'Options', then ‘Trust Center’.
4. Click ‘Trust Center Settings’.
5. Select ‘Macro Settings’ on the left side.
6. Select the radio button for 'Enable All Macros (not recommended; potentially dangerous code can run)'.
7. Click ‘OK’ and then click ‘OK’ again.
8. Close Word and then re-open Word.
Note: Even though we are enabling macros, it’s not dangerous to do so if you’re careful what you open and you don’t open documents from unknown sources. You can also try setting it to 'Disable all macros except digitally signed macros' in Step 6.