Læs mere her eller kontakt os på info (at) alfasoft.com
These instructions are for the current version of EndNote™. To obtain instructions for EndNote X8 and earlier, please contact us.
The EndNote 21, 20, X9 installer files for Windows and Mac will always be the latest patch available. You can also see the version number in the Windows MSI properties. Right-click the "EN21Inst.msi", "EN20Inst.MSI" or "ENX9Inst.msi" file and select Properties. Click on the Details tab to see the version and build number in the Comments section.
To distribute multiple copies of EndNote in accordance with a volume site license agreement, an administrator will receive a link to the redistributable disk image of EndNote.
- The EndNote Site License Administrator associated with an institution receives an email with a link to download the "EndNote21SiteInstaller.dmg" redistributable disk image of EndNote 21 or "EndNote20SiteInstaller.dmg" redistributable disk image of EndNote 20 or "EndNoteX9SiteInstaller.dmg" redistributable disk image of EndNote X9.
- Distribute the "EndNote21SiteInstaller.dmg" or "EndNote20SiteInstaller.dmg" or "EndNoteX9SiteInstaller.dmg" to your end users.
- On the end user's machine, launching the "EndNote21SiteInstaller.dmg" or "EndNote20SiteInstaller.dmg" or "EndNoteX9SiteInstaller.dmg" file will mount the disk image:
- Double-click the "Install EndNote 21", "Install EndNote 20." or "Install EndNote X9" image.
- This will bring up an image with "Licensed to" and your license name.
- Click Install. Note: This may take some time to complete.
- This will launch the EndNote 21, 20 or X9 application to customise the installation:
- Click through these screens to complete the installation. You should not be prompted for a Product Key.
With EndNote 21, 20, X9, users can use the product key when selecting "Install Single or Workstation license" or simply launching the installer file.
If you want to create an unlocked installer where users do not need to enter this product key, follow the steps below.
A. Download the MSI installer
- Download the EndNote 21 MSI Installer
- Download the EndNote 20 MSI Installer
- Download the EndNote X9 MSI Installer
B. Download the ADMIN.zip file from the Attachments section at the bottom of this article.
C. Follow the instructions below.
- Download the installer for EndNote 21, 20, X9 above, and the ADMIN.zip file (Note: For EndNote 21, download the EN 21 Admin zip file).
- Unzip the ADMIN.zip file to the same location where you have saved the MSI file to extract the ADMIN.BAT file.
- Open the ADMIN.BAT file.
- When prompted, enter your EndNote volume license product key.
Do not select the option titled "Perform Administrative Installation."
You will find a license.dat file in the target directory and the MSI (EndNote.msi) when the installation is complete.
- Deploy the MSI (EndNote.msi) and the license.dat together.
You can deploy however you want, but ensure the two files are in the same directory when executed.
• You could zip the two files to distribute them to end users (instruct users to unzip both files to a folder before opening the installer)
• You could create a Group Policy deployment where both files are delivered to the same location on the target machine.
• You could drop the two files in a shared network location from which users execute the installer.
EndNote MSP Update Patch
There are multiple ways to update the software on Windows, depending on how the environment is configured. For example, one can download the .msp and update the Group Policy object or use SCCM to deploy the MSP on clients joined to the domain. If one does not have a Windows domain configured, one can also use Windows PowerShell to remotely log in as an administrative user and run the patch.
The update patch can be found on the below links when available: