If not on Windows 11, please follow the steps below:
- Select Start and look for the NVivo app/program
- Press and hold (or right-click) on the NVivo app, then select Uninstall.
- After NVivo has been uninstalled, restart your computer
- Re-install NVivo, you can download NVivo using the links below
Note: NVivo installer file already contains a specific version Microsoft SQL Server, and it doesn’t need to be installed manually. Downloading and installing an incompatible version of Microsoft SQL Server is unlikely to resolve the issue.
If this fails, you can do the following (ask your local IT for help if needed):
Uninstall NVivo and the Microsoft SQL Server LocalDB
Delete the AppData Folders in the paths below (using File Explorer)
C:\Users\Username\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server
Reinstall NVivo using the links above
If re-installing and restarting the PC doesn´t solve the issue, Alfasoft will have to contact the producer of NVivo (Lumivero). Therefore, please provide the following info in a support ticket:
1. Click on the Windows Start menu, start typing msinfo32 and click on the System Information search result displayed
2. In the System information screen, click on File > Save then save the file to your desktop as info.nfo. Attach the file to your reply email.
3. Search for command prompt by searching cmd. Run it as an administrator by right clicking command prompt and click run as administrator.
4. Click allow when prompted.
5. Copy and paste this command and press enter - fsutil fsinfo sectorinfo c:
6. Take a screenshot of the results and attach to the ticket in our system.