Sigmaplot 15 Silent Installation
You can run the SigmaplotInstaller.msi directly from a command line window opened in administrator mode (Right-click > Run as...).
The MSI file is part of the Silent Install Tool package download (SPW_15_Net.zip) at:
Following silent installation command line script is tested successfully multiple times and on multiple supported operating systems. It is preferred using the MSI (say, it is available in ‘C:\SigmaPlot15’ directory) for silent installation.
Please view the s
Script which installs SigmaPlot in “Program Files (x86)” folder:
msiexec /i c:\SigmaPlot15\SigmaplotInstaller.msi CMDLINE="SILENT=TRUE ALLUSERS=TRUE USERNAME=SigmaUser SERIALNUMBER=775xxxxxx INSTALLPATH=$PROGRAMFILES$Sigmaplot\SPW15" /qn
Replace SigmaUser with your organization name, and 775xxxxxx with your serial number.
For uninstallation, the msiexec /x switch can be used.
msiexec /x c:\SigmaPlot15\SigmaplotInstaller.msi CMDLINE="SILENT=TRUE ALLUSERS=TRUE USERNAME=SigmaUser SERIALNUMBER=775xxxxxx INSTALLPATH=$PROGRAMFILES$Sigmaplot\SPW15" /qn
- Please note that all the fields are mandatory for MSI install/uninstall.
- MSI based Silent uninstallation will only work if SigmaPlot has been installed in silent mode thru MSI.
To activate SigmaPlot 15 from a command line, a separate license utility tool is similar to the license utility displayed in Sigmaplot.
Name of the Tool: SPW_15_LicenseUtility_cmd.exe, available in the SPW15 program directory.
It needs cpprest120_xp_2_9.dll, hasp_windows_107466.dll, and haspds_windows.dll (in the same directory). So, this tool must be executed from the SPW15 program directory.
- SPW_15_LicenseUtility_cmd.exe CMDLINE="LICENSETYPE=PRODUCTKEY KEY=xxxx LOGFOLDERPATH=zzzz"
- SPW_15_LicenseUtility_cmd.exe CMDLINE="LICENSETYPE=V2CFILE FILE=yyyy LOGFOLDERPATH=zzzz"
Parameters in the above syntax
- /? Displays expected license apply syntax. This is the same as not typing any options.
- CMDLINE: This is a mandatory beginning keyword followed by valid license arguments.
- LICENSETYPE: This refers to an applying license type either by product key or v2c file.
- PRODUCTKEY: This keyword for LICENSETYPE mentions that the applying license type is product key.
- V2CFILE: This keyword for LICENSETYPE mentions that the applying license type is v2c file.
- KEY: This is a keyword followed by the supplied product key.
- FILE: This is a keyword followed by the supplied v2c file path location.
- LOGFOLDERPATH: This is a keyword followed by a log file path which will be generated during the applicable license process.
- xxxx: This variable refers to the provided license product key.
- yyyy: This variable refers to the physical location of the given v2c file in the license applying machine.
- zzzzz: This variable refers to the physical location of the log file directory path in the license applying machine.
- SPW_15_LicenseUtility_cmd.exe CMDLINE="LICENSETYPE=PRODUCTKEY KEY=XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX LOGFOLDERPATH=C:\TEST"
- SPW_15_LicenseUtility_cmd.exe CMDLINE="LICENSETYPE=V2CFILE FILE=E:\Sigmaplot\SPW_MI_SA_P.v2c LOGFOLDERPATH=C:\TEST"
License Manager Silent Installation
A separate document with complete details on License manager installation is available separately. This document mentions a short procedure to support the silent installation of the license manager. Please refer to the detailed document to manage the license manager.
Sigmaplot license manager can be installed through the SigmaPlot license utility (Recommended) and direct command-line installation tool (Haspdinst.exe).
License manager can be installed silently by opening a command-line window with administrative rights on the License Manager machine (Right-click > Run as Administrator).
The License Manager installation files are included in the SPW_15_Net.zip file, which can be downloaded from the https://systatsoftware.com/networkusers/ page. The command-line installation file called haspdinst.exe is part of the package.
There is also a copy of the file in the program directory of the SigmaPlot 15 installed folder. Please copy it to a directory on the License Manager machine.
- haspdinst.exe/i - to install Sigmaplot License Manager.
- haspdinst.exe/r - to remove Sigmaplot License Manager.
- SigmaPlot 15 license manager can be administered using the link http://localhost:1947 after installing the license manager on the server machine.
- The network license for Sigmaplot needs to be activated on the license manager for the client to access the license.
- Network license can be activated in silent mode thru the same activation tool, follow the same procedure. Alternatively, the network license can be activated thru License Utility UI.