SigmaPlot 14 Site/Volume installation guide. How to setup and install a site or volume license (many standalone installations) of SigmaPlot 14.
SigmaPlot 14 Volume installation guide
Please see instructions for silent install of SigmaPlot 14 Site/Volume licenses here:
1. Download and install SigmaPlot 14
Download the SigmaPlot 14 installation file from here:
To start the installation, right-click the downloaded installation file, and choose "Run as administrator".
Enter your serial number, and proceed with the on-screen procedure until finished.
2. Request License file (needed to activate each installation of SigmaPlot)
To be able to activate your license of SigmaPlot 14 you will need a license file. The same license file can be used to activate all your installations of SigmaPlot 14.
Please click the link below, fill in and submit the license request form. You will get an email (0-2 days) direct from Systat.com with an attached license file (.V2C file).
3. Activate your SigmaPlot 14
Start SigmaPlot 14 by right-clicking the SigmaPlot start icon, and choose "Run as administrator".
Choose Update in pop-up window, or Help > License status in SigmaPlot (Help is the ?-icon located at the top-right in SigmaPlot 14).
Choose V2C File, and click the Browse button to navigate to and open your License file.
Your SigmaPlot 14 license should now be activated and ready to use.
If you start your SigmaPlot 14 and it is still in trial mode or asking for license update/activation, this could be because you do not have the needed Windows privileges to the SigmaPlot Sentinel license folder.
Give your Windows user profile the correct privileges to the license folder
- Run the Commando prompt in admin mode
Click the Windows button (bottom-right in Windows), and write: cmd . Then right click the cmd.exe program in the search result list, and choose "Run as administrator".
- Enter this command into your commando prompt and hit your Enter key to run:
icacls "%ProgramData%\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel LDK" /grant Users:(CI)(OI)(M)
If you are running Windows 10 you can copy-paste this command into the Command prompt windows, else you must enter it manually.
If your license cannot be activated automatically ("Failed" error, or no internet connection), please follow the manual procedure below.
Your SigmaPlot 14 is running slow, and you are using active directory.
If your computer is in an active directory environment, and SigmaPlot 14 is running slow, in many cases it will help to move the SigmaPlot user files to a local folder.
You can manually override the user directory setting in the following fashion (admin rights/privileges needed):
- Click the Windows button (bottom-left on your screen), and type “regedit”.
- Navigate in the tree to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
- Right-click on this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software)
- Select “New” and “Key”
- Rename the new key to “SYSTAT Software Inc.” (note caps and the period).
- Right-click on “SYSTAT Software Inc.”
- Select “New” and “Key”
- Rename the new key “Common”
- Right-click “Common”
- Select “New” and “String Value”
- Rename the new value “UserPath”
- Double-click “UserPath” and choose the path/folder you wish to use as the user path (e.g. c:sigmaplot). The directories “SigmaPlot”, etc. will be created within the directory you specify.