The most common cause for this error message is that your SigmaPlot user file is damaged or missing data.
Please download and swap your spw.ini file.
- Check where your SigmaPlot user-files folder is located on your system.
SigmaPlot: SigmaPlot button (top-left) > Options > [General]. The path to your SigmaPlot user-files/folder is listed in the 3 file path fields at the bottom of this window.
- Navigate to your SigmaPlot user-files folder via Windows file explorer, and rename your spw.ini file to spw-org.ini.
- Right-click the link below and choose "Save link as..." to save the spw.ini file to your SigmaPlot user-file folder:
Restart your SigmaPlot. Hopefully, you will now be able to export graphs in your chosen format.
If the export still isn't working, it may be that the Lead Tools file isn't registered on your system.
Please run this line in a command window started with administrator rights:
C:>regsvr32 "C:\Program Files x86\SigmaPlot\SPW14\ltocx12n.ocx"
Please adjust directory name according to your system path names.
To start/open the command window with administrator rights:
- Click the Windows button (bottom-left, flag-button)
- Write: cmd
- Right-click "Command Prompt" or "cmd.exe" in the search result, and choose "Run as administrator".