IMPORTANT Since December 2023 you can manage your NVivo licenses and accounts in the new myLumivero portal, it replaces the myNVivo Portal. Read more about the myLumivero portal and the added features. You can still access information about the legacy portal (portal.myNvivo.com) via myNVivo Portal help.
If you have bought NVivo or were assigned a license (or 'seat', under an enterprise license), a notification email contains download links for the app.
After installing, you must activate NVivo, to register the installation against your license. Before you can use NVivo, it must be activated. Activation registers individual NVivo installations against licenses (or 'seats', for enterprise customers) that have been assigned from within the myLumivero portal.
Each end-user who has been assigned an NVivo license/seat can activate NVivo on two computers:
- Windows and enterprise licenses—end-users can activate NVivo on 2 Windows machines, 2 Mac machines, or 1 of each.
- Mac licenses—end-users can activate NVivo on 2 Mac only machines.
Activation is automatic, using the user's myLumivero).profile (see
Please find detailed instructions here: How to activate, replace or deactivate NVivo (NVivo 14 and NVivo R1/2020)
Once you have been given access to use NVivo, here is how you get started:
- Complete your myNVivo profile (which you may already have).
- Install and activate NVivo.
You may already have NVivo installed, in which case you need to re-activate it so it uses the account with the multiple perpetual license.
1. myNVivo profile
If you already have a myLumivero profile (using the email address that the access notification email you received was sent to) then there's no more to do for this step—the administrator who gave you access to NVivo has linked the license to your profile. Proceed to step 2.
If you don't have a myLumivero profile then you should have received an email asking you to sign up to one—in addition to the access notification email. A user profile has been started for you. Please click the link in the email to complete the profile.
- If you didn't get the 'Sign up to myLumivero' email (did you check your spam?) or can't find it, go to my.lumivero.com, enter your email address (the one that received the invitation email) and follow the prompts to complete your profile.
2. Install and activate NVivo
See the instructions here: How to activate, replace or deactivate NVivo (NVivo 14 and NVivo R1/2020).