Don´t miss the new Citavi version!
Check out our webshop
The most important points
- Create a Citavi account if you don't yet have one.
- Start Citavi Web here. Log in with your Citavi Account information.
I already use Citavi for Windows. What do I need to do to try out Citavi Web?
Use your Citavi Account log in information to log in to https://citaviweb2.citavi.com/start.
If you forgot your password, go to https://www.citavi.com/login and click "Forgot your password?" to reset your password.
I've never worked with Citavi before. What do I need to do to work with Citavi Web?
Can I work with my existing cloud projects in Citavi Web?
- We don't recommend working with existing projects. You will see your existing projects when you start Citavi Web, and you will be able to open them. However, you should not yet work with these projects in Citavi Web.
- Why? Formatting of quotations and thoughts and formatting in the Abstract, Evaluation, and Table of contents fields could be lost if you make changes to the text. This is because Citavi Web does not yet support complex formatting (bold, italics, colors etc.) in text fields.
We will let you know in the "News" column once this restriction no longer applies.
Hint: Add [WEB] to the names of your Citavi Web Beta projects so that you don't mix them up with your Citavi for Windows projects.
Do I need a license to use Citavi Web?
Yes, you will need a separate license for Citavi Web. A license for Citavi 6 is only valid for the desktop version. However, it is not yet clear which universities will also offer Citavi Web as part of their site license. In addition to purchase a license purchase in our shop, you can also activate a thirty-day trial for Citavi Web for free https://shop.alfasoft.no/citavi/ .
Alternatively, until it is clear whether your university also offers a license for Citavi Web, you can use the previous entry point (usable without license until July 9, 2021): Citavi Web Beta.
Can I export my data if I no longer want to work with Citavi Web?
Yes. Export your bibliographic information in RIS format and download all your PDF files.
How can I see which features have been added to Citavi Web during the beta test?
We will publish important information about Citavi Web in the News column on the main page of Citavi Web Beta.
How long did the beta test last?
The beta test was finished at the end of May 2021.
I found a bug. How can I report it?
There are two types of errors you can expect to encounter:
- Citavi Web displays an error message along with the option to send the bug report to the Citavi Support team. It's helpful for us if you include a short description of the steps that led to the error before sending us the error message.
- Citavi Web does not display an error message but you still notice something strange. In this case, please the bug report form on www.citavi.com . If you're testing extensively, you may want to bookmark the link.
I can log into Citavi Web, but when I open the cloud project, the page takes forever to load.
Some users have recently started to see only a permanent loading circle instead of the project.
If you are using Windows, you can install the current beta version (download). After logging in to Citavi 6, open your cloud project via the Welcome Screen > Open project > Cloud tab.