Stata is offered as singleuser or network licenses. Both license options have the same price.
- Singleuser licenses can be installed on up to three computers as long as end-user is the only user of Stata on these computers.
- One unique serial number per singleuser license. If you buy 3 singleuser licenses, you get 3 license letters/serialnumbers.
About Stata Singleuser licensing:
- Network licenses can only be installed and used in the company network (not at home/travel/outside company network). Can be used via VPN from home/outside network.
- Minimum 2 licenses per (initial) order.
- One common serial number for all licenses. If you buy 3 network licenses, you get 1 license letter with same serial number for all licenses.
- Stata Network licenses can be used as floating/concurrent licenses or node-lock/client install (named user). Stata does not include any concurrent meetering utility. You will need a license meetering utility if you choose concurrent use.
- If you later want to increase the number of network licenses you get same volume discounts (i.e. 3-5, 6-10, 11-19, etc.) and keep same serial number.
About Stata Network licensing:
- How does Stata Network license work?
- Terminal server install and processing of Stata Network
- How do I install Stata 16 for Windows on a network drive?