Take advantage, 15% discount!
We have an autumn campaign on EndNote throughout October, read more here!
Possible use cases:
- Tagging a group of references (library search result, or references you have put into a group).
- You recreated an old library either by importing the old library into a new, empty library, or copy-pasting references from old library to new, and you need to recreate the groups.
You can use the Tools > "Change/Move/Copy fields" function in EndNote to change any group of showing references. Using this tool, you will be able to add the name of the group or a keyword/term/tag to any unused field in your references.
As you are making a large change to your database, make sure to back up the library before continuing.
Since EndNote makes these changes to every reference in the current view, you will want to choose the group of references you want to add the text to first so only the references for that group are selected. Then please do the following:
- Choose EndNote: Tools > Change/Move/Copy fields.
- For the field labeled In:, select the unused or custom field you want to use for the group designation.
- Under Change, choose "Insert before fields text".
- Check "Include a space after inserted text."
- In the field on the right, type the name of the group.
- Click OK.
- Repeat for each group.
- This should add the group name in the field you've chosen. You can then show this field in your main window in EndNote and sort by that field.