NVivo Transcription is an automated transcription assistant that you can use to transcribe your audio and video files with (e.g. interviews). If you want to transcribe videos with NVivo Transcription, you have to import them into NVivo first and then upload them to the NVivo Transcription platform via the "Create" tab. The supported file formats in NVivo are:
- MPEG formats (mpg, mpeg, mpe, mp4)
- Windows Media formats (avi, wmv)
- QuickTime formats (mov, qt)
- 3G Mobile Phone format (3gp)
- AVCHD High Definition Video formats (mts, m2ts)
Please find more info here: Audio and Video files in NVivo
On the NVivo Transcription platform you can then edit the transcript and import it back into NVivo.
However, audio files can be uploaded either via the "Create" tab or directly on the NVivo Transcription platform.