Take advantage, 15% discount!
We have an autumn campaign on EndNote throughout October, read more here!
Update! An update patch to Endnote X9.3.2 has been released which addresses the below, and other conversion issues. Make sure you update EndNote to X9.3.2 to resolve the issues, Update to version EndNote X9.3.2 for Mac
The enlp-format is an Apple format used to make it easier for the user to organise files. You can read more about the enlp-format here. It is important to understand that the enlp-format is not an EndNote function, but instead an Apple function.
- “Could not convert the library to the latest format”
- “This library is currently being used by someone else. Try opening it again later”
- In order to convert the library, you will have to extract the actual library files from the enlp-format (container).
Right-click on the enlp-file and choose “Show Package Contents”
Copy the file and folder to a new safe location on your Mac.
- Open the copied library and EndNote will convert it, you may still be told that "someone else is using the library" but just click "ok" and keep going and the library should be converted. The original library will remain unchanged and can be used in earlier versions of EndNote.
- Once the conversion process completes, the library should open for use with EndNote X9.3.1.