The enlp-format is an Apple format used to make it easier for the user to organise files. You can read more about the enlp-format here. It is important to understand that the enlp-format is not an EndNote function, but instead an Apple function.
- “Could not convert the library to the latest format”
- “This library is currently being used by someone else. Try opening it again later”
- In order to convert the library, you will have to extract the actual library files from the enlp-format (container).
- Right-click on the enlp-file and choose “Show Package Contents”
- Copy the file and folder to a new safe location on your Mac.
- Open the copied library and EndNote will convert it. The original library will remain unchanged and can be used in earlier versions of EndNote.