Customers turn to us to understand NVivo better!
Read more here (NVivo partner 2011-2021)
Please note, for the latest version of NVivo (release March 2020) most users don´t need to activate via license key, but will use their myNVivo credentials. Only ELA end users might still receive a license key from their local admin to activate.
Find more info here: Which NVivo Version do I have?
After you installed NVivo (12, 11 , or older) you are prompted to enter your license key, but you now receive the following error message: "Invalid license key. The license key that was entered is not valid. Please check the key and try again"?
This error could be due to one of the below two reasons:
- The key being entered is for a different version of NVivo for Mac (or Windows)
- The license key has been entered incorrectly
Correct license key?
Please ensure you are entering the license key in the correct version of NVivo for Mac or Windows.
NVivo for Windows license keys start with NVP or NVT, NVivo for Mac licenses start with NMP or NMT.
Each version of NVivo (Version 10, 11, 12, and the new NVivo) requires a different license key.
The license key’s first section describes which version the license key is designed for, like below
- If the license key has “20” in the first five characters, for example, NXX20-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX it can only activate the new NVivo
- If the license key has “12” in the first five characters, for example, NXX12-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX it can only activate NVivo 12
- If the license key has “11” in the first five characters, for example, NXX11-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX it can only activate NVivo Version 11
- If the license key has “10” in the first five characters, for example, NXX10-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX it can only activate NVivo 10
You can download the correct version of NVivo that corresponds to your license key from the myNVivo Portal run by QSR. More info here NVivo installation file download
License key entered correctly?
Please copy and paste the license key to avoid any typing errors.
Note! Pay careful attention to differentiate between:
- Number zero (Ø) and the alphabet O
- Number one (1) and the alphabet I
- Number two (2) and the alphabet Z
If the issue persists, take a screenshot which shows the license key entered in NVivo. Please create a support case with the image file attached.