SigmaPlot 14 standalone (single-user) installation guide. How to set up and install a standalone single user installation of SigmaPlot 14.
SigmaPlot 14 Single user standalone installation guide
Please see instructions for manual activation of SigmaPlot 14 at the bottom of this page (if you do not have internet connection manual activation is needed).
1. Download and install SigmaPlot 14.5
Depending on which version you have purchased please choose your download below.
Download the SigmaPlot 14.0 installation file from here:
Download the SigmaPlot 14.5 installation file from here:
To start the installation, right-click the downloaded installation file, and choose "Run as administrator".
Enter your serial number, or use the 30-days trial serial number: 775400014.
2. Request license file for activating your license
To be able to activate your license of SigmaPlot 14 you will need a license file or product key.
Please click the link below, fill in and submit the license request form. You will get an email (1-2 days) direct from Systat.com with an attached license file (.v2c), or text file (.txt) containing your license file or product key. Save the license file to your computer.
3. Activate your SigmaPlot 14
Start SigmaPlot 14 by right-clicking the SigmaPlot start icon, and choose "Run as administrator".
If a license window pops up click Update, or inside SigmaPlot choose Help > License status (Help is the ?-icon located at the top-right in SigmaPlot 14).
3a. License file
Check the "V2C File" and click the "Browse..." button to navigate to your license file on your computer. Open it to activate your SigmaPlot license.
3b. Product key
Enter your product key in the License Activation tab, and click the Apply license button.
Your SigmaPlot 14 license should now be activated and ready to use.
If you start your SigmaPlot 14 and it is still in trial mode or asking for license update/activation, this could be because you do not have the needed Windows privileges to the SigmaPlot Sentinel license folder.
Give your Windows the correct privileges to the license folder
- Run the Commando prompt in admin mode Click the Windows button (bottom-right in Windows), and write: cmd . Then right-click the cmd.exe program in the search result list, and choose "Run as administrator".
- Enter this command into your command prompt and hit your Enter key to run: icacls "%ProgramData%\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel LDK" /grant Users:(CI)(OI)(M) If you are running Windows 10 you can copy-paste this command into the Command prompt windows, else you must enter it manually.
På norske/svenske/danske datamaskiner kan det hjelpe å bytte ut ordet "Users" med "Brukere"/"Anvendere"/etc. dersom kommandoen ikke virker ("0 processed"). F.eks.:
icacls "%ProgramData%\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel LDK" /grant Brukere:(CI)(OI)(M)
If your license cannot be activated automatically ("Failed" error, or no internet connection), please follow the manual procedure below.
Your SigmaPlot 14 is running slow, and you are using active directory.
If your computer is in an active directory environment, and SigmaPlot 14 is running slow, in many cases it will help to move the SigmaPlot user files to a local folder.
You can manually override the user directory setting in the following fashion (admin rights/privileges needed):
- Click the Windows button (bottom-left on your screen), and type “regedit”.
- Navigate in the tree to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
- Right-click on this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software)
- Select “New” and “Key”
- Rename the new key to “SYSTAT Software Inc.” (note caps and the period).
- Right-click on “SYSTAT Software Inc.”
- Select “New” and “Key”
- Rename the new key “Common”
- Right-click “Common”
- Select “New” and “String Value”
- Rename the new value “UserPath”
- Double-click “UserPath” and choose the path/folder you wish to use as the user path (e.g. c:sigmaplot). The directories “SigmaPlot”, etc. will be created within the directory you specify.
Manual license file generation: Collect status information for your computer
Navigate to your SigmaPlot 14 program folder (typical c:program (x86):sigmaplot:spw14). Right-click the 'RUS.exe' file, and choose "Run as administrator". You will find the RUS.exe in the SigmaPlot 14 program folder, or you can download it from here:
Select the “Collect Status Information” tab.
Click the “Collect Information” button. It will allow you to save a license status file with (*.c2v) extension.
In the following window, click/choose the license row with the newest date (if multiple), and then click Ok to save a license status file (.c2v) to your computer.
Then go to our License Request form here:
Fill in the form and attach the status information file you have just created (the *.c2v file).
We will generate a license file (*.v2c file) for you that you can use to activate your license(s). This usually takes 1-2 days. You will receive the activation file per email directly from Systat.com.
When you receive the SigmaPlot 14 license file, save it to your computer. Start SigmaPlot by right-clicking the SigmaPlot start icon, and choose "Run as administrator".
Then choose "Update" (or Help > License status inside SigmaPlot), and in the License Utility window choose "V2C file", and browse/navigate to and open the license file. Then click Apply license to activate your SigmaPlot 14 installation.
SigmaPlot license server (automatic activation) uses IP/server address: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, and port 8080 for communication.